Proof of Name Change Requirements

Passports must always contain an individual's current legal name. If a person has changed their name due to marriage or for other reasons, they must apply for a Passport Name Change that reflects their new name.

Please provide ONE of the following forms of Proof of Name Change supporting the name change.

  • Original Marriage Certificate/Original Divorce Decree
  • Original Name Change Court Order
Start your expedited passport application now.
Start my application